Wednesday 26 December 2012

Old York, Old York!

A few days before Christmas me and Cole decided we would go to York to visit the markets and museums to get us in the festive spirit. The buildings are so beautiful there and I always have such a good time. We stayed at a Travelodge on Micklegate which to be honest was the nicest Travelodge I've ever stayed at! 

This is what I wore. Needed to be warm as well as try to be stylish! Black big knit jumper from Vero Moda at ASOS, blue bodycon skirt from Tophop and black suede boots with leather trim by Rocket Dog at Schuh.

Took a picture of this sign on the reindeers as it made me laugh!




Just some of the stunning buildings in York.



 I take a picture of The Shambles whenever  I visit York as it reminds me of Diagon Alley from Harry Potter!

I saw this and thought of me!

Cole got giddy about the genuine Victorian Carousel :)



Cole is obsessed with The Avengers and Marvel in general. Cute!

 In The Disney Store, one of my favourite shops ever! 

Visited Jorvik (the Viking word for "York" Museum which was amazing!

Cole had a Wild Boar burger, nom!

 And I tried Churros for the first time with melted chocolate...I didn't like them :(


 Posing! My red coat is from ASOS and my snood from Kurt Geiger.

Markets! All the stalls were made to look like little Tudor buildings!


 We went on a Ghost Walk which was fun. It rained and I ended up looking like a drowned rat but the stories were really interesting. I don't believe in ghosts but I still got pretty creeped out.

We had a few drinks back at the hotel. Pitcher of Mojitos, Disaronno for me and Southern Comfort for Cole, yummy!

Finally I found a ring thin enough for the top of my finger! I've wanted something delicate but that's way more difficult to find than you would think :/



No comments:

Post a Comment